Tuesday, August 30, 2011

In Preparation

I am getting so stinkin excited for the Self Imposed Photography Challenge I almost can't stand it.  There are a handful of people that have shown me some interest, which is enough for me.  SQUEEEE!

So if you plan on taking part, there are a few things you can do right now to prepare.  First, go get yourself a free Flickr account.  Easy peasy to set up.  Once you do that, join the group that I've created here.  This is where you will upload pictures from your computer to the group pool.  I will be able to see them there, and will create a super cool post at the end of the two week timeframe.  Also, I'd really suggest trying to learn something new about your camera.  Set a goal for yourself.  Learn one thing per week.  The internet is a WONDERFUL tool.  Use it.  Google is your friend.  We are so fortunate to have all this information at our fingertips!  I can point you to some great websites, but I'm sure there are a ton that are all the same.  If I can make one suggestion - learn what aperture is, and how to adjust it on your specific camera.  This one is so fun to me!  If you don't learn anything else, learn that one.  You can get some really cool pictures using your aperture settings.

There are a few things to remember when you are playing along.  I don't want to make too many rules, and have it get all weird.  I'm not expecting this to get huge or anything, but I do want to say a few things up front.

  • By submitting photos to my Flickr group, you understand that there is a strong possibility that I will post your picture on my blog.  My blog is a public blog, meaning that your picture will be out there on the internets for everyone and their brother to see.  If you are uncomfortable with a picture of your daughter out there, please don't submit one.
  • If you become a world famous photographer and someone steals your picture from my blog and makes $1,000,000 from it, you can't blame me.  Or hold it over my head.  Or make me do jello shots.  Wait...
  • Please no profanity or nude art.  My 9 year old daughter will most likely be participating, and I'd like to leave anatomy lessons for junior high health class.
  • Keep it fun, and try to learn something.  Don't let this turn into work, or something you don't want to do.  Remember you don't have to participate in each assignment.  And if you miss a deadline, please submit your pictures anyways.  I want to see them all!
I think that's about it for now.  Maybe we'll have to tweak a few things as we go, and that's ok.  I'm already having so much fun coming up with a list of assignments!!  The first one should be announced this Friday, if I can wait that long.  Now, go recruit some more people for me!!

Smiles,

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment