Thursday, August 4, 2011

9/25/09 To Blog or Not to Blog?

That is my question for today.

I've thrown around the idea for a few weeks.  I have a lot of thoughts in my head that would probably be fairly entertaining to write down and then read again.

The problem with this whole idea is that I'm worried it will turn into a chore.  I don't know if I will ever post this online and invite others to read it, or if it will remain a more private journal.  I'm a little hesitant to open up every thought and feeling I have to everyone "out there".  I don't want to feel like I need to apologize if two months go by and I have not blogged.  And even if I don't feel the need to apologize, I don't want to feel guilt over it.  I hate feeling guilt.

I've been reading a few other blogs that have really inspired me.  They are entertaining and funny and sometimes sad, but they allow me a glimpse into other people's lives that I might not otherwise be able to see.  I think it's really cool to read about the little things in people's lives that make them feel good.  Or an accomplishment that they've worked hard to achieve.  Or an accomplishment that their child might have achieved.  Well, I can achieve things, and my kids can achieve things, and I want to surround myself with my happy moments, and maybe I can even work a little on being happier more often.

So there you have it.  I haven't answered my own question yet, so I suppose we'll just have to see what this turns into.  Maybe I'll never post another entry, maybe I'll post another one tonight!

Until next time...  (maybe)

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment