Thursday, August 4, 2011

10/8/09 Lunch With a Girlfriend

My word for today is overwhelmed.

It's the one that keeps popping into my head when I take a step back and try to figure out where everyone needs to be and at what time, and what they need to bring with them.

It's dance night, bowling night, picture day for my little toothless wonder (crap!  Did I send her with her picture money this morning???  Oh, yes I did.  Ok.  Moving on.) and hockey was cancelled for tonight.  Apparently ice in the area is a requirement for holding hockey practice.  Who knew???  Sometime before Sunday morning I have to bake something for the social after mass that we won't be able to attend due to a noon hockey practice (assuming the ice is in and, well, frozen by Sunday at noon).

I got to let my mind take a break today for a very quick hour in the middle of my day to eat lunch with a really good friend that I haven't seen in a while.  It was a friend that I used to w ork with, and we got to go on and on and on about all the stuff that 's bugging me at work.  Ok, I guegss I must have gone on and on and on.  Oops.  Well, you know how sometimes it just feels really good to complain about stuff to someone who really gets it, and is just willing to agree with you an will give you an, "OMG!  THAT TOTALLY SUCKS!" or an, "I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT!" and then somehow you magically feel like you aren't just imagining things, and sometimes things do really suck?  I had one of those lunches today. :)  I don't know that I necessarily feel better about stuff, but it did feel good to have someone agree with me, and get all that garbage off my chest.  I heart friends like that.  Plus my Cranberry Turkey Panini was simply devine!

To girlfriends who get it...

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment