Monday, August 8, 2011

Duluth

I have lived in Duluth my whole life, except three summer months in the summer of 1996 when I went to Brainerd and lived with Nate's family while we both worked summer jobs.  I really love everything about my city.  The winters are long and cold, but I really couldn't imagine a Christmas without snow.  The summers are usually just the right temperature, though this year our July seems to have been hotter than most I can remember.  We usually get reprieve from the heat at night though, so we don't need to rely on air conditioners 24 X 7 for survival.  There is plenty to do here, and is one of the prettiest cities in the world, in my opinion.  Many mornings in the winter I'm driving down the hill to work in the morning just as the sun is rising over Lake Superior.  The colors that I've seen in the sky over the lake are not something that can be replicated by Crayola or Sherwin Williams.  The sights in my city are something that I'll never get tired of, and will never take for granted.  I realize these aren't the best pictures of Duluth, I'll post more later, but these are two I snapped on my lunchtime walk today.  I wonder when I'll be smart and remember to bring my good camera with me so I can post pictures other than those taken on my phone?


Feeling nostalgic and very well loved since as of 2:50 PM I have 56 Happy Birthday wishes on my Facebook page...

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment