Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hockey Weekend

I love that my son wants to play hockey.  I love watching him.  I love watching his team improve.  He is very committed, and truly enjoys playing the game. 


This past weekend, we went to "the cities" for a tournament.  I'm hoping that these memories we are building are ones that he will never forget.

There is plenty that I complain about that goes along with having a son who plays hockey.  It is a huge time and money commitment.  But I know that he loves it, and appreciates that he gets to play.  And he makes me so proud!



FYI, it's very very hard to take good pictures in a hockey arena.  The lighting is crap.


Being on a team is teaching him so much more than how to play hockey.  We are so fortunate to have a bunch of great people that we have played with.  The friends that he has made will be with him for life.



Friends that will do anything to protect their goalie!  Even if it means taking a trip to the sin bin.



The fact that he carried his own bag, sticks, and jerseys in and out of each game this weekend made mama very, very happy.  I have not actually weighed his bag, but I think it comes very close to weighing the same amount that he does.



Of course, it's always a bonus when you WIN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT! 



First place baaaaabyyyyyyyy!  I'm so proud of all of these boys.  They played a great tournament.  I think they all were smiling the whole way home, and won't forget this weekend for a long, long time!




A proud hockey mom...

NH

P.S.  Diet and exercise are very hard to be good on over a hockey weekend.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment