Thursday, August 4, 2011

8/3/11 Time To Get Serious

So the blog thing didn’t last too long the last time I tried this, but I’m hoping for a different outcome this time.  I read several blogs on a daily basis, and really enjoy them.  I can do this.  I can.
I also want this to be a tool for me in my weight loss journey.  It’s REALLY time to get serious about that.  I have literally ballooned in the past year or so, and it makes me very very ashamed.  I wish I didn’t love salty snacks and ice cream so much.  Darnit!  So instead of buying more clothes, since the number of things I have that actually fit me is embarrassingly low, I’m going to get back on track and work my tail off (literally) until that huge stack of jeans in my closet fits me again. 
Isn’t it funny how you don’t see the chub when you look in the mirror every day, but when you see yourself in a picture, you look completely different? 
Last Friday night, I attended an outdoor concert at Bayfront Festival Park, right here in my hometown.  The weather was seriously PERFECT, the music was awesome, and the company was even better.  Glen Templeton, an up and coming country music star, opened the concert for Trace Adkins.  I had never heard of Glen before last Friday except in the ads for the concert that I heard on the local radio station, but I was very impressed with his music. Enough so that I decided before he was done with his set that I would buy his CD from the souvenir stand.  Much to my delight, he announced at the end of his set that he’d be at the souvenir stand ready to sign autographs and pose for pictures for anyone that was interested.  Yay!  So I made the trek over to the stand with my $15 in hand and waited my turn in line to get this:
When I look at this picture, I feel like a cow standing next to her fencepost. 
And thus, my desire to really get serious on the weight loss.
Last night I returned to my Zumba class even though it was 94 degrees outside and I felt like I was melting.  The class had fewer people in it than normal, because, well, it was 94 degrees out, so I wasn’t able to hide behind everyone.  I still secured my spot in the back row, but there weren’t many people in front of me to block the view of myself in front of that dreaded wall of mirrors.  I look the same in these mirrors, by the way, as I do in pictures.  How is that???  There must be something wrong with my mirrors at home.  Well, I worked my butt off during class, sweated a LOT, and felt really good afterwards.  This is IT!  This is my start!  I’ve done this before, and know that I need to be consistent with the exercise, better about the snacking, and watch my meal portions to be successful.  I’m throwing the blogging in there with hopes it will keep me honest.  I forgot to jump on the scale this morning, but will tomorrow morning, and that will be my official starting weight.
I hope you will either join me in my journey, or just offer words of encouragement along the way.  I can use all the help I can get!
Tryin' to get skinny with my Yee-haw on!

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment