Thursday, August 4, 2011

Doin' Good So Far!

This morning as I was getting in the shower, I stepped on the scale and cringed at the number staring back at me.  I guess it’s good motivation to keep you going and lose that weight.
My eating today has been pretty good so far.  Last night I had a bowl of ice cream though.  I couldn’t resist.  It’s not good to completely deprive yourself, right???  The kids are old enough now to be able to dish the ice cream themselves, so I think they would have been hurt if I didn’t have some.  Wow.  Look at me trying hard to justify myself…  J
Zumba is cancelled for tonight because my teacher will be marching in a local parade.  Bummer!  So since I knew I wouldn’t be able to Zumba tonight, I decided to go for a walk outside on my lunch break.  It was VERY warm out, and I got VERY sweaty (I hate coming back and sitting down at my desk when I’m all sweaty).  But I’m glad I went.  I do love my city.  It’s very pretty and I’ve never been anywhere quite like it before.  One request I have if you don’t live here and decide to come and visit; If you don’t want me to call you a “touron”  (tourist+moron=touron)  please do not feed your popcorn to the seagulls.  They are rats with wings and they poop a LOT.  While they are flying.  And they don’t care if you are walking under them when they poop while flying.  I’m not sure about you, but I prefer to take my showers at home, with clean water.  A shower of seagull poop is not appealing to me.  Thanks!
Anyway, according to the pedometer on my iPhone, (a free app called Pedometer PRO GPS + in case you are interested) I walked 1.687 miles in 44 minutes.  I had to dodge tourons on the boardwalk and stop for a few red lights though, and when I go to one of my favorite websites www.mapmyrun.com to check the route I took, it is looking like its closer to 2 miles.  Either way, it’s more exercise than I was doing last week, and now I don’t feel bad for missing Zumba tonight.  I even walked right on past the mini donut stand, popcorn stand, ice cream stand, about 27 restaurants, and THREE bars that had open outdoor seating.  Oh how an icey cold margarita would have really hit the spot today!  But I had to hurry back to work, which was probably a good thing.

Cheers from the boardwalk!!

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment