Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Stacy!!!

I work with a very cool bunch of people.  At any given moment, when I'm overwhelmed and at the end of my rope, I know I can count on SOMEONE to listen to my woes and go for a walk to pick up ice cream.  It's really how I think we all survive.  I'm so lucky to be able to call many of these folks my friends.  We lean on each other.  We listen, and we agree.  We share recipes and stories about our kids.  In a horrible economy, I'm so very lucky not only to have a job, but to have one with an awesome group of ladies that I get to see each day.

We like to treat each other to lunch when one of us has a birthday.  Last week, my friend Stacy increased her age by one, and as is tradition, we celebrated!


It is very unfortunate that we work 1/2 block away from Pizza Luce.  It is also very unfortunate that they make the very best Tostada Ensalada that I've ever eaten in my whole entire life and I'm not even exagerating. Funny thing about this Toastada Ensalada - they recently changed it a little bit.  Don't you hate that?  Why change something that is perfect?  There are no longer refried beans on it.  This made me very very sad.  I even emailed them off of their website.  I don't think they are going to change it back, but it's still the very best Tostada Ensalada that I've ever eaten, except for that old one.



See it there?  Right in front of me?  Dang, I want one now!  Yummmm!  These are some of my girls (L to R) Amy, Stacy, Mindy, Larissa, and me.

Pizza Luce is a great restaurant, I highly recommend it.  They have a lunch counter where you can come in and pick up a quick slice of pizza, soup, or salad:



They decorate their walls with artwork by local artists that they will sell to you on the spot!  It's always different every time we go.  This day a wonderful photographer was featured, with awesome photos of the Duluth area.  This beauty was hanging over our booth:



There aren't many places left these days that give you a free dessert on your birthday.  But this one sure does!  This isn't just any dessert either, this is a WARM brownie sunday with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream drizzled with chocolate sauce.  Come to mama.


(sorry for the crappy photo.  This one is too dark, and the one I took with my flash was way too light.  The girls wouldn't let me try anything else before we dug in!)



Here's the birthday girl with her sundae.  Isn't she cute?  Thanks for sharing, Stacy!  I've actually known Stacy since I was about 5.  We used to bowl together every Saturday morning for a lot of years.  I think it's SO cool that I get to work with her now.  She's awesome.

So, thank you for having a birthday, Stacy.  I love our girly birthday lunches!  I hope you had a great day!

XOXOX

NH

P.S.  Has anybody seen the end of this blanket I'm knitting?  I have put in a significant amount of time on it this weekend, and I just can't find that end!  If anyone spots it, please send it my way. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment