Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another reason I love living here...


There are a lot of reasons I love living where I do.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I really think that I live in one of the prettiest places on earth.

Last Friday night as we were driving home from Andy's hockey game in Superior, we were about to cross the huge bridge that connects Wisconsin to Minnesota, over the St. Louis River, which feeds into Lake Superior.  I could tell the sunset was going to be spectacular after we got past the last few buildings on the land and hit the bridge.  I dug in my purse for my camera (I love that I'm carrying it with me more and more now!) and handed it to Morgan (I have my limits).  This was our view:


Can you even stand it?  Absolutely gorgeous.


I was in awe of the colors in the sky that we were seeing.  So warm!



I wanted so badly to pull over and get some good pictures, but it's kind of hard when you are on the bridge going 60.  Morgan was having so much fun snapping pictures, I told her to keep going!  I wanted her to get as many as she could!  I'd look for a spot to pull over when we got off the bridge.



Unfortunately, once we got off the bridge, we were kind of too much at the bottom of the hill, and the colors weren't quite as vibrant.  And Picker Sisters was on TV.



Morgan just kept snapping away as we drove home.  I really like this one for some reason.  All the intersecting lines, with the mix of colors behind it...


Even our liquor store looks pretty with a sunset behind it!


The blurry moon looks pretty here during dusk...


And so do my hydrangeas!  Ohhh how I love hydrangeas!  Too bad I killed one of the bushes the dear previous owners planted in my yard. 



Hydrangeas mean the end of summer to me, but they are so darn pretty, it's worth the wait. 

TWO days left until the photo submission deadline!  I do hope you will upload some pictures to my Flickr group that somehow fit in to the back to school theme.  It's almost time for the next assignment to be announced!

Lovin' my Duluth...

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment