Friday, September 2, 2011

Freshy Fresh

There is something so completely satisfying about putting a seed in the dirt, waiting a long time, and then eating a fresh vegetable that came right from that seed.

When I got home from work today, I went out to the garden to see how things were doing and found these babies.


I couldn't believe how huge they were!  I think I might have squealed a little.  I mean really.  Just look at them!



Nature is pretty dang cool, isn't it?  We were already planning on steak on the grill for dinner tonight, and what would go better with steak than grilled zucchini?  So we cut one up (I'm hoping mama will make us some zucchini bread from the other two!), added potatoes and onions...




and added some butter and gaaaaarlic.  Mmmmmmmmm!  Everything is better with butter and garlic.



Slapped those babies on the grill, and 20 minutes later, the very reason why I like to grow vegetables came to my table, and was gone before I could snap a picture of the cooked goods.  Yummmm!  I will try to hang on to summer for as long as I can!

Oh, but remember - I don't cook.

Time to grab the knitting needles, a glass of wine, and work on that blanket.

Fuuuuullll.  Belllllllly...

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment