Friday, September 9, 2011

Back to School

The first week of school has come to a close.  It's been a tough week for everyone in our house, trying to get back into the swing of things.  It's amazing how three months can make children lose all sense of responsibility.  I can remember hating going back to school too though, so I can't say I blame them.  You have to actually get dressed every day?  That stinks.  I have to bring a piece of paper all the way from this building to my house, have my mom sign it, and bring it all the way back?  OMG.  How will I ever do that????

This year has been one of many changes for both kids.  Middle school, lockers, lunch tickets, new bus routes, new starting and ending times, changing classes, etc. etc. etc.  It will take a little getting used to, but I don't think it will take them long.  I'm really proud of them both.  I can't believe we've hit fourth and sixth grade.  No more elementary school Christmas programs!  That makes me kind of sad.  They are growing up so fast!

I haven't been posting too much about school yet, because I'm saving my pictures for the photography assignment!  How are your pictures coming along?  Remember to submit them by midnight next Thursday, and on Friday I'll announce the next assignment.  I can't wait to see your pictures!

I am off to spend the weekend in a cold hockey rink.  Kind of a shame, when this is supposed to be our last really nice weekend for the year.  It's 83 degrees out right now, and I'm heading into a frozen arena.  Perfect.  This is why I knit warm things.

Whatever you are up to this weekend, make it fun!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment