Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Weekend in a Nutshell.

Just wanted to share my weekend with you all.  It was a great one. I hope you enjoyed yourselves too!

Friday night after work, the weekend fun began with a Bulldog vs. Bemidji State Beavers game.




This series was very fun to watch, even though we started out a little slow, and went down 2-0 early in the first period.  This person (below) on the Beaver's team interned with the company I work for last summer.  In fact, he stopped in the office on Friday morning to say hello before his morning skate.  There was plenty of smack talk thrown from both sides, since we had been anticipating this series since he left us in August and went back to school.


Sometimes it's very, very fun to have seats right behind the penalty box.  You can be sure I grabbed the camera as soon as he was called!  Hee Hee!





We ended up coming back strong after our early hiccup, and won the game 6-2!  Yay!

Saturday, Morgan and I went to see a local production of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow at our city's Playhouse. 






The set was kind of simple, but fantastic at the same time.  A white screen was used throughout the play to cast shadows and tell parts of the story, and spooky colored lights and a fog machine set the mood.


I didn't read anything in the playbill about the ages of the children that performed, but I'd guess the oldest was about 15, and the youngest was about 5.  They were great!


The headless horseman is creeping up behind Ichabod Crane!


I think we are so fortunate to have this great program in Duluth that gives young people an opportunity to act and take part in such a fun past-time that they will be able to carry with them for years to come!


They even threw in a scene where the ghosts and ghouls are coming after Ichabod and Katrina to the tune of Thriller!  Dancing and all!  It was awesome!


Bravo to all the young actors!  Thank you for putting on such a great show. Morgan and I really, really enjoyed it.


After the play, we headed home to a turkey dinner, cooked mostly by my fabulous husband.  Hands off ladies, he's MINE!  After dinner, it was back to the Amsoil Arena to watch the Dogs sweep those Beavers!  Another great game.  We won this one 1-0.  It doesn't matter how many are up on the board, just so our team ends up with one more than the other team.  Here they are giving their stick salute after the successful weekend.


I'm sure it was a fun night for the team after they got off the ice.  They looked very happy.  So were we.


Sunday Morgan and I went to see my neice Emily get confirmed at her church, while Nate and Andy went to hockey practice.


After the church service, we went over to her house for lunch, and to watch the Vikings.  They won by a nose hair too.  Here is the "rock band" my sister and her husband are in at church.



After lunch and football watching, Andy had hockey tryouts for an AAA team for next summer.  Then it was home to finish up homework, get showers in, and prepare to do it all over again. 

So, a very busy weekend here, but it was full of the things we love, and the people we love.  Perfect, in my opinion.  Tomorrow is halloween.  I think the kids want to trick-or-treat, but we don't really have costumes picked out, or much of a plan.  I guess that's how we roll.  As long as someone brings me home a Reeses, I'll be just fine.

What did you do this weekend?  I hope it was something fun!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment