Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hockey Tryouts Are Over

Thank you Jesus!

I am not a fan of watching my children try out for anything.  I know it's good for them, makes them stronger, blah blah blah.  But to see them get nervous and stressed and worried and concerned is not exactly my idea of a good time.  It can end up with them on the highest of highs, or the lowest of lows.

Andy had one final skate last night and I was able to make it back from a day trip to the cities for work just in time to watch him play.  I thought he did great.  He let in one goal, but that was a lot fewer than were shot at him, which is always a plus.  We rushed home, and the refresh button to the website was worn out for sure by the time the results were posted shortly after 10 PM.  Andy was sitting next to me on the couch with the laptop.  He clicked the link to the document, and looked at me with the sweetest most excited look on his face.  I wanted to keep watching his face as he read the results, but I wanted to read them too!  I didn't know where to look!

We tried to quickly make our way through the list to find out where he'd be playing.  He didn't end up ranked quite as high as we had hoped, but he was placed on a team with a lot of friends, and he is elated.  Elated!  He's such an awesome kid.  He was disappointed that he didn't make the higher team for about .01 seconds.  When he started disecting the list of names on his roster, the grin on his face got bigger and bigger.  He went to bed with it on, and woke up with it too.  What a stinkin' relief!!!  I think it's going to be a really fun year, and I can't wait for it to get started!

To all of you going through tryouts of any kind right now, hang in there.  I know it's totally stressful, and can turn out differently than you want.  If you are sad right now, come find me and I'd be happy to give you a hug.  If you are happy, then congrats to you, and hold on to that happy!

Ready to dive into the season!!!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment