Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Day to Give Thanks

I'm sorry the posts have been slowing a bit.  I've been pretty busy around here!

Thanksgiving has come and gone.  We were in Duluth this year with my family instead of St. Cloud with Nate's family like we are every other year.  We were fortunate enough to have every member of the family with us, even those that live far away.  My sister brought her family here from Madison, and my nephew Tom came home from college to join us! 

I am usually on milk and wine duty for Thanksgiving with my family, but this year they wanted me to bring mashed potatoes.  I think mashed potatoes are my favorite food in the whole wide world.


It takes a long time to peel 10 pounds of potatoes.  A LONG time.  This is part of the reason I don't like cooking.  Putzy prep work.  Ugh.


It would have taken twice as long without the live-in help. 


Come to mama....


Kiddos playing games...


Cousins bonding...


Cooks cookin...


Sisters drinkin "Middle Sister" wine...


Relish tray relishin...


More cousin bonding, and gigglin...


It's ready!  Time to eat!




I am so so thankful for my crazy, disfunctional, loud, awesome, loving, silly family.  I don't know how I got so lucky to be plopped in the middle of this one, but I couldn't pick a better one to be a part of.

Happy (late) Thanksgiving to you all! 


XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment