Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas City, Wonderful City!

All dressed up in snow and mistletoe!

Are you singing it with me???

Yes, Friday night was our annual Christmas parade through the streets of downtown Duluth.  Yep, it's pretty much crazy to have a parade here in the frozen tundra I call my home at the end of November, but who wouldn't want to march with your high school band and have your tuba mouthpiece frozen to your lips?  Don't worry, our cheerleaders and dancers do not wear little short skirts (much to my husband's disappointment).  They are usually in sweatpants and sweatshirts, with many layers underneath.



First, I have to mention that Miss Zaidie lost her first tooth on Friday.  It does not seem like she's anywhere old enough to have hit this milestone.  Everyone just keeps growing up so dang fast!

There were pretty lighted floats...

and marching bands...

and live bands rolling down the street.

Purty decorations up in the sky...

and our dancers!  (and some snow falling!)

Here is my second favorite dancer.

but I gotta say that Dasher is my favorite dancer.  Even though she was mad at her earmuffs that apparently wouldn't stay put.

But she kept her smile on and rocked it out on her way past!

Here are some of our other dancers.

Aren't they cute?

It's always cold, but always fun.  This year was no exception.

I think there were approximately 45 floats/bands/dancers/businesses that came by after our girls did.  I'm sorry to report that you will not be seeing any pictures of them, because I high-tailed it out of there as soon as I could.  Although, I wasn't necessarily headed for warmth, I had to run to the rink to catch the last half of Andy's game.  Just another Friday night...  :)


XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment