Monday, November 2, 2015

Bad Little Blogger

I have been such a bad blogger lately.  Bad bad bad.

I'll show you a bit of what I've been up to lately.


Football has been pretty much consuming our extra time lately.  Goodness how I've loved it.  We really had great weather for the season up until just the last few games.  Isn't my boy handsome?  He makes me a proud mama.

He was the starting quarterback this year for our JV team, and was our third quarterback for our Varsity team.

Can't say this is a bad way to spend a Friday night, don't you agree?

Our Varsity team was crazy strong this year.  Most of our games were blowouts, which is good news for the third quarterback, who often got to play the 4th quarter of a blowout game.

We did get to take a break from football during one September weekend when Nate's Aunt and Uncle came to the area to check out the hot air balloon festival.  The festival was a little disappointing, because the weather has to be absolutely perfect for the balloons to launch, which I never got to witness.  The views at Pattison State Park certainly did not disappoint though.  They were camping here, and invited us over for the afternoon. 

The food certainly did not disappoint either.  Alaskan salmon cooked over a campfire?  Yes, please!

It was a very fun day, thank you again John and Becky for having us!

Now, back to football.  Ha!

Our team doesn't pass much.  But I'll say he got pretty darn good at handing that ball off!

Lucky #13!

Wins are fun.  Very fun.  

I hope you didn't think there wasn't any knitting going on.  You would have been wrong.  I'm on a total sock kick right now and I can't stop.  I've finally knit enough pairs to learn how to make them so they actually fit right too, which makes them even more enjoyable.  I sure wish I would have gotten on this kick a little earlier in Andy's hockey career, so I would have had yummy wool socks to wear to all of those hockey games.  The season is just around the corner though, so I should be in good shape this year!


Another fun event?  Our annual "Lutsen" trip, which was held in Grand Rapids.  I have lots of great pictures still on the camera from that trip.  I will write another post with those pictures, I promise.  It was another great trip with my besties, walks in the woods, good food, and lots of laughs.

Let's throw in a quick parade into the mix, why don't we?  Wouldn't want to leave Morgan out.

Getting down to the last few games of the season, and still undefeated!


Socks.  I love them.  I can't stop knitting them.  Yarn that changes colors by itself is my fave.  These are soooo warm! 

One last game in town, and we have become section champs!  Off to state!  What an amazing season!  We are so lucky to have been a part of this team!  


On the field at state!  Unfortunately we lost this one, but our opponent Ricori, was an exceptional team.  Very very good.  So precise!  I think their wide receiver had magnet hands that would just draw that ball right into them!  It was a great run, and I'm so proud they made it to state!

Can't leave out this little one.  She was the only one to dress up this year for Halloween.  

Aside from those things, I've been canning - peach jam and apple pie filling.  We've enjoyed the finished deck a few times before it got too cold.  The dance schedule has kept us very busy, as has homework.  Andy has decided that he'd like to start reffing youth hockey games, so he's in the process of becoming certified, which will be nice for him to start getting some money coming in to help pay for gas when he gets his drivers license in June.  (How did that happen??)  Football is over now, and hockey begins today with captains practices.  Tryouts are next week.

Our next project at home will be to finish the basement, so when the kids have friends over, they will have a place to go and be away from the weird parents.  But before that can happen, I've been busy planning something else.



Next up??  These two things are in my possession, and I'm ready to GO!  (Well not really, but I will be by Thursday.)

Stay tuned because there are some travel plans in my future, and I can guarantee you will be sick of hearing about everything I'll be doing in the next few weeks!

My sissy and I are off on an adventure together, and I can't wait!  I will be missing my family who is staying home to hold down the fort, but this will be a once in a lifetime trip, and I can't wait!!  More blog posts to come along the path we take!

Until then...

XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAH So excited to hear about where you're going!! :)

    ReplyDelete