Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A few ramblings...

Sorry again for the lack of posts.  I've been kind of down in a frump lately, and nobody really wants to hear about that.  I promise.

I want to take a minute to wish my parents a very happy FORTY-SEVENTH anniversary today!  Love you guys soooo much!

Spring break for the kids is just around the corner, and I know there are several parents out there that dread when the kiddos aren't in school every day, but I'm very excited for spring break.  This means that I don't have to fight with children in the morning to hurry up.  I also don't have to fight with a certain child over homework.  I'm not going to name any names here, but he plays hockey, has glasses, and his name starts with an "A".

This is the time of year where we transition from living, eating, breathing hockey to living, eating, breathing dance.  However, it seems that this year not only are the dance performances ramping up, but so are the additional hockey commitments.  We had about a week off, and now we are back to running almost every night of the week again.  Oh well, it will be over and they will be moved out of the house before I know it, so I'm savoring every single performance, game, road trip, sequin, and skate lace that I can. 

Morgan had her first dance performance of the year on Saturday (more details and pictures will come in a near future post) and I couldn't be more proud of her.  I haven't seen her really perform since the end of last dance season.  I know I'm totally biased, but she is really GOOD!  I got teary when she had all the pieces of her costume on, and was in full makeup.  What happened to my little girl who had to wear the pink leotard and the pink dance skirt every week to class, because they matched her pink tights and ballet shoes?  The girl I was looking at looked 17 to me.  See what I mean?


Anyway, that's what I've been up to.  Plus a little knitting and other crafting that I'll also post more about later.

I also wanted to say thank you again for reading my blog.  I love hearing from you!

XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. It is WRONG and ridiculous how old she looks! Amazing......she's GORG!

    ReplyDelete