Monday, April 9, 2012

Peter Cottontail?

No, we didn't get to see him.  He must have hopped away too fast.  Darnit.  We did have a fun Easter weekend though.  Wanna see what we did?

We colored eggs.

I used the McCormick food coloring for the first time instead of the easter egg dye kits.

This is how my Mother in Law has always done it.

The neon colors are so cool! 

I love watching the kids do projects like this.  They always surprise me with their creativity.

MJH!

Food coloring and Sharpies make for some MEAN eggs.

We got to spend some time outside and Grandma and Grandpa's house.

It wouldn't be Easter without a good sibling wrestling match, right?

I think she's gonna take him.  I love watching them play like this.  As long as I'm there, I know it won't turn into something nasty.  They don't give those super funny belly laughs like toddlers do, but I love that they laugh together.

We went for a walk down to the lake.  This picture looks so cute and innocent, but really they are pulling each other's sweatshirts as tight as they can at the neck.  Ahh, good times.

The fishing was fun, but cold.  It was very windy, and we weren't quite prepared.

We were hoping for some crappie, because once they come into the lake early in the spring, they are biting like mosquitoes and are so much fun!

Come on li'l crappies!  Where arrre you?

Oooo!  He's got a big one!

No crappies today.  We caught a few nice bass, but unfortunately it isn't bass season yet, so they had to go back into the water to grow bigger for when we catch them later in the summer.

The loons are back and are probably preparing for their new babies to arrive shortly!


And the kids got to go on an egg hunt with their cutest little cousin, Carson.

He's just growing so fast, I can't believe it.

My kids just eat up his cuteness.  Andy can't get enough of him.

Check out that sweater!

"What does that one say, Andy? Where is the next egg hidden?"

We found them all! YAY!


Gaaah!  Sometimes I can't handle all the cuteness!  I wanted to put him in my pocket and take him home.  He reminds me so much of Andy when he was little.  Right down to the curls in his hair.  He's starting to talk more and more.  I even got a kiss when we were saying goodbye.  Sure wish we lived closer so it wouldn't take a few hours to warm up to us every time we see him.  Soon he'll remember us!  Love ya so much Carson!!

We played a board game, drank wine, and had lots and lots of laughs.  It was very fun to get together with family I don't get to see often enough.

So that was our Easter, in a nutshell.  Or an eggshell.  Ba dum dum.  I kill myself.

I hope yours was full of family and laughs too.  And wine, cause really who doesn't love a good glass of wine??


XOXOX

NH

1 comment: