Sunday, April 29, 2012

I made some more stuff!

I love the feeling of completing a project.  Love it.  Because usually shortly after, I get to give it to someone and make them happy.

Here are a few things I've been working on lately...

These are a baby gift for a friend of my sister.  Baby boy should be arriving sometime in May!

This is it, Tricia.  I wasn't going to post this until you received it, but I just couldn't wait.  The stitches are bound off, and the ends are sewn in.  I hope you love it!

Thank goodness for cute models.

This is an afghan that I'm hoping will end up on my couch, but may end up being a gift if needed.  Hopefully not to anyone who reads my blog!  It's still on the needles, and has taken a back seat to the other things above that had deadlines (sorta).

The yarn is so soft and squishy, I can't wait to curl up under it!

Here is the progress I've made on the afghan I mentioned that I was going to start.  I am in love with this project.  I'm learning a bunch, and it's certainly not a boring pattern!  Kinda hard to work on when there are people chatting all around you, but I'm managing so far.

It's going to be sooo pretty when it's done!  One huge flower.  I will keep posting updates as it progresses.  I have quite a way to go yet.  It's already taking so long to get all the way around, I can't imagine how long it will take on those last few rows when there are approximately 2389435648683497 stitches per row. 

I love the color and softness of this yarn, but it's kind of a cheap acrylic.  I'm considering spending a gift certificate that I got for Christmas to the local yarn shop and getting something equally soft and pretty and will last longer without pilling.  If I'm going to spend this kind of time on a project, I think it just might deserve the "good stuff".

Sorry for the dark pictures.  I really want to get back into the photo stuff again.  When it's 9:00 PM though, and you have a little time to write, but no pictures taken of the things you want to write about, you just have to go with it.


XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am sooooooooo lucky to have you for a friend!! and that color? TO die for! xoxoxoxoxo I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete