Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gingerly Putting Baked Goods and Candy Together in the Shape of a House

A few days ago, I got an email from a friend asking if Morgan would like a leftover gingerbread house kit from her family since they didn't get a chance to put it together before Christmas.  I knew that would be right up her alley, and I'm not quite sure why we've never done one before.  So she put together her masterpiece, and I think a new tradition was born!  Yes, I'm aware it's late to be doing this, but it seems to be our method this year.  Kinda like this post.











I think she was afraid to run out of frosting, which I didn't have any extra of, so she skimped on it, and then squeezed the rest into her mouth. :)  There were lots of other candies that came in the kit that "wouldn't fit" on the house.  Clearly there wasn't one little inch left to fit one more piece.  Those had to be eaten right away also.  I loved watching her put this together.  I think she talked through the whole thing.  I have no idea what she was saying.  She just talked.  A lot.  And then she sang a little, and then talked some more between shoveling candy into her mouth and licking frosting off of her arm.  Good times.

Next year, I'm going to make an effort to pick one of these up before Christmas and let her have at it when most normal people do them.  Then again, there isn't much about us that's normal, but we sure have lots of fun being abnormal!

XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I love doing them AFTER Christmas so the kits are half price! Cuz that's how I roll : )

    ReplyDelete