Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Parenthood

Being a parent is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.  Not the actual becoming  part, but being a parent, and taking all that comes along with it and figuring out the best way to deal with it all.  Every single day there are new challenges.  All we can do is hope we don't mess them up too bad so they will fly (and not crash) when it's time to let them go.

I know I've messed up plenty of stuff, but I like to think that I'm doing a pretty decent job of teaching them how to be good people, and to think ahead when making choices.  Remembering "please and thank you" will take you far, and karma is REAL, so be careful what you do or say!

Have you seen the show Parenthood on NBC Tuesday nights?  I can't think of a show that I've loved this much, ever.  This is the most REAL show that has ever existed (in my opinion).  I feel like I could pull up a chair at the Braverman Thanksgiving table and fit right in, like I've spent every Thanksgiving there since I was born.

The way they all talk to each other is exactly how a real family talks. They are constantly talking OVER each other.  Interrupting.  Yelling.  Laughing.  Crying.  The issues that they cover on here are so dang real, you feel like they are happening to your sister.  Pregnancy, marriage, adoption, aspergers/autism, racism, infertility, children leaving for college, breast cancer (!), abuse by a loser ex-husband, teenage dating, starting a business, sibling rivalry, marriage issues, money issues, cheating, mid-life crisis!  I could go on and on.  It is a simply awesome show that I cry at absolutley every week.  It's just SO incredibly relatable! 

Check 'er out if you haven't before!!  You will NOT be sorry!  GREAT acting that makes you forget they are acting, and feel like you are peeking in your own back window watching your own family issues!!!





XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment