Friday, April 18, 2014

Distracted

I am feeling very distracted today.  I'm not sure what it is.  I'm sitting at work on my lunch break and I'm having a very hard time concentrating on my orders today.  I just want to be home.

It's probably because the kids are off school today.  Or maybe it's because it's Friday?  Maybe because I know I have a million and one other things I could be doing at home right now?  Because it's sunny out?  I don't know.

I'm not in a great place with knitting projects either.  I guess I feel like I need to have that one huge project on the needles at all times, with smaller ones to keep me from the boredom of a big huge project.  Now that my sweater is done, I feel weird not having that one big thing to fall back on.

I've started one of these:
Hey Teach

And one of these:

Camelia

And also one of these:

Chocolate Parfait Blanket


And unfortunately I'm just not loving any of them.  The sweater will probably end up getting torn out.  The other two will probably make it to the end, but I'm just kinda blah about them.  It's very frustrating to not feel that excitement about a project that makes you long to get off work and fit in any possible needle time that you can that evening.

Maybe it's for the best, because I am in the middle of helping with costumes at the studio, so I probably shouldn't be knitting all that much anyway right now.  It's such a great stress reliever for me though!  I will continue the quest for that one pattern that matches with that one yarn, and makes me feel that feeling again.  I know they are out there and will align soon!

Until that happens, I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck with the distracted feeling I'm having every day.  Like it's a dang illness.  Should it be a lacy sweater next?  Maybe I should get going on a Christmas present for someone?  Perhaps Morgan would like something next?  There are some darn cute little kids in the family who would look fantastic in something made by their auntie.  Pillow covers to go with my new couch?  Gaaaaaaah!  I don't know!

If you're looking for me, I'll be browsing the Ravelry database...

XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same spot as you- just finishing a bunch of "gift" knits, and kind of floating around trying to find a cool big project for my next endeavor.
    Crazy legwarmers for Miss Morgan? :)

    ReplyDelete