Thursday, August 8, 2013

What the what?

The busy has taken over my life and I don't like it one bit.

Actually wait.  I do like it a little bit because I'm so so grateful that we have the means to send both kids to their seperate camps and drive them there every day.  And to all of the other things that are thrown in there that I have to try and keep track of.

But seriously? 

I feel like I need a week off to get caught up with everything.  I'm almost to the point where I need to go buy everyone new clothes because there are so few clean garments left in my house, people are surely going to start complaining soon.

It has been a struggle lately to stay positive with everything going on.  I've been giving it my best shot, but I know I've snapped at a few people unintentionally.

I'm very very sorry if you were in the line of fire.

I've never seen work flow in like it has in the past few months.  I guess that's good, but the stress of all of that is just one more thing I have to fight off in my brain when I'm laying down to try and sleep at night.

Don't get me wrong, I realize how lucky I am to have such a full life, and running around like a mad chicken is way more fun than sitting at home being bored, but sometimes I'd like to have a few openings in the schedule to sit down and take a break!

Those closest to me have told me recently that I need to remember that it's ok to say no sometimes, and that I try too hard to make everyone happy.  So as I go forward and try to enjoy what little is left of this summer (I turned the heat on in the car on the way to work this morning, by the way.) I'm going to try hard to remember those two things, and hope that will cut back on this panic feeling I get when things get like this.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes today.  I'm heading out for girly martinis with my BFF and our hubbies tonight.  I wonder when the laundry and packing will get done for the upcoming out of town weekend?????  HA!

Help me celebrate and have a drink for me tonight, wherever you are.  Send me a picture of your drinky!  I'd love to hear from you!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment