Friday, August 23, 2013

Stuff that makes me happy.

Someone said something mean to me this morning.  It was someone I don't know, who had no business saying what he did to me, and it shouldn't mean anything at all to me, but it did.  And it hurt my feelings.

Just like that, he was gone and I will probably never see him again, but I keep hearing his words over and over in my head.  Dumb, I know.  I never did have very thick skin.

So I decided that it was time to do something to get those dumb thoughts out of my head.  Time to blog some stuff that makes me happy!



Mom and Morgan picking strawberries together.  This was a very happy day.  We went home and made lots and lots of strawberry jam.


Andrew dressed as Captain Jack.  This is the funniest kid I've ever met.  His older brother has played hockey and baseball with Andy.  I've seen this kid come to games dressed up as Brett Farvre, Indiana Jones, and the Incredible Hulk.  I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.  I can't stop laughing around this kid.  He does my mood good.


Morgan's choice of colors for a fresh pedi, and a cool design they added just for fun.


Dinner and a play with my favorite girl in the whole world.


Sometimes a glass of wine at home on the couch while watching TV with the kids is exactly what I need.  


Ok, no.  Gross spiders don't make me happy, but the fact that I took this picture, and it captures some interest is really, really cool to me.  Kinda makes you wonder how I got it, huh?


Fresh veggies from my CSA box prepped and ready to go on the grill.  I don't get to eat beets enough.  They are soooo tasty.


When this happens naturally in my hair.  It's not too often that it's a perfect little ringlet like that, and there's a reason that my hand is strategically covering the rest of my rat's nest of a hair do, but dang.  This one made me happy that day.


Getting cool pictures of Army planes as they fly over...


Baseball teams winning first place in the city championship game (and free popcicles handed out afterwards!)


Birthday martinis...


This kid.  All the time.


Celebratory post-chemo lunch with lots of family (and some friendly ladies sitting beyond our table who pretended to be part of the family for a few minutes)...


12,000 pageviews on my blog (how cool is THAT?!?!)


Pretty sunsets.


Birthday presents from sissy that make my coffee taste even better!


I'm not exactly thrilled about this, but I knew it was coming.  I'm finally ok with admitting that he has passed me up!


Making wishes on Chinese lanterns with a bright moon and more stars out than I can count.


And feet up on the fire pit, with flip flop tan lines.  (plus I had shaved my legs like 2 hours before this and they were soooooo smooth!  Sorry for more info than you needed, but it made me very very happy.)

There.  I feel much better now.  Do you?

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment