Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's been a rough few days.

This is not a "woe is me" post, but rather an explanation of why there haven't been many blog posts lately.

I have several pictures on my camera right now that I'd love to share with you.  It makes me happy to show you what's going on with me.  I have pictures of a hockey filled weekend, a Thanksgiving weekend, and a Christmas tree hunt.  Each would make for a great blog post.  So why aren't they in a blog post yet?  I'll bet you are totally wondering.

First of all, I'm in the middle of this humongous project at work.  (On a side note, isn't the word ginormous dumb?  I don't even know if I'm spelling it right.  But really.  We couldn't just get by with gigantic and enormous?  Don't they both mean "really big"?  Your point wouldn't have been made just using one of those words?  Whatever.  Back to the story...)  I mean, this project is huge.  It has been extremely stressful, and I'm feeling the pressure of not completing it fast enough.  I really, really want to do a good job on it, so I'm probably causing myself more stress than necessary, but it is what it is.  I have been SO drained when I get home every day that I just want to curl up and go to sleep.  Since that's not an option, I fight my way through the evenings, and then lay.  very very awake.  in my bed.  when it's finally time to sleep.  Of course.

And then there is this little problem I was having where I couldn't find the cable to connect my camera to my computer.  FRUS TRAT ING.  It was one of those "I know it's in this house somewhere" feelings, but it didn't matter how hard I looked.  I couldn't find it.  So last night when I was laying in bed and not sleeping, I was thinking about where I was sitting the last time I blogged.  I remembered it was the living room couch, though I had already pulled all the cushions off the couch to no avail.  All I found under the couch were a few dirty socks, some colored pencils, the 4 of spades, and two crochet hooks.  So then I started thinking about where I took my camera from the last time I used it, and I remembered that it was on the coffee table.  So this morning when I came downstairs, I glanced over to the coffee table and found the wonderous cable!  I was very very happy to find it.  There may or may not be a little bit of crap laying on the coffee table that may or may not have prohibited me from seeing the cord sitting out in plain sight on the table that is approximately 1.87 feet away from the couch that I've sat on more times than I should admit since the cable in question was unfindable.

So anyways, today at work when I wasn't buried in VLP- circuits, or KPA- circuits, or getting asked to check status of this order or finding out what it would cost to expedite that order, I was thinking about the kick butt blog posts I was going to churn out tonight.  It was gonna be super awesome.

But then at 3:47, I got a text from hubs.  He let me know that our Christmas tree that I had spent hours decorating on Sunday had fallen over some time during the day.  Do you know that my Christmas tree has tipped over every single year for the past 4 years?  Honestly.  We have gotten a new stand.  We have put plywood under the stand.  We have gotten a shorter tree every year to hopefully avoid the issue.  I just don't get it.  The only thing we haven't done is tie it up to the walls because we are just not sure about screwing into the wooden window frames.  ***SIGH***  I guess if it falls again this year, I will do it anyways.  Either that or just prop it up in the dang corner.  Dumb tree.

So we got the tree back to standing position, and redecorated, and the broken glass all vacuumed up from the ornaments that didn't survive the ordeal, and then I remembered that last year I had split my 6 strings of lights into three and three and plugged them into the wall that way.  How did I remember that I did that last year?  When I blew the fuse in the first string of lights that has 5 strings plugged into it.  So although the tree is again standing, the lights don't work.

Ok, so nothing more I can do with that whole situation at this point, so Morgan is off to dance class, Andy is at hockey practice and hubs is out flooding the rink.  Home.  Alone.  With nothing but a bottle of wine and the computer to blog to my heart's content.

So I sit down and transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer and all is well.  I open up a new blog post and title it "I bet you miss me telling you about hockey, right?" and then go to add some pictures to the post.  Apparently I've now used up all of my free storage space they allow for these little blog things.  Seriously!

So I have lots of pictures to show you.  There are some super good ones.  They are one step closer to being shared with you, but unfortunately I cannot share them with you until I figure out how I'm going to work around this one.

I've said that "F" word in my head several times lately.  Sorry mom.




  1. Nance: same thing happened to be and I bought some more storage for cheap. can't remember how I did that. It was through google and they just asked me if I wanted to do it. something like that. Go drink more wine and take a sleeping pill and go to bed!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day!!!!!!

    1. Ohh, good to know! I didn't even look into it last night to find out how much they wanted for it or anything. I will probably buckle and do that.

      Today is a new day, you were right!! XO

  2. Free image storage! http://imgur.com/ :-)