Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day is finally here!

Are you with me when I say "THANK YOU JESUS"???

I sure wish politics didn't get so nasty.  I hate all those commercials where politicians slam each other.  It makes me want to just yell at the TV and tell them to play nice.

I really don't like talking about politics, which is why I haven't brought up the election until now.  I have my beliefs, and I'm sure they differ than some of yours.  And that's ok with me.  I'm just not one who loves conflict or debating, and I really don't want to debate politics on my blog.  I will say that I think it's our duty to be informed, and to make decisions on our beliefs, and get out and vote.

I was in line with the hubs this morning at 6:45.  Thankfully we got an inside spot, and didn't have to wait in the rain/snow mix that was falling.  There were probably 10 people in line in front of us, and by 7:00, the line stretched out the door and into the parking lot of the neighborhood church that was our polling place.  I was glad to see it busy right away in the morning.


We made our way to the "G-K" sign over the check-in table and got our little initialed cards, which we handed to the next guy down the line, who gave us our ballots.  It felt good to sit there for a second with this piece of paper in front of me, where I could give my opinion.  The little ovals that I fill out right now will be counted.  They matter.  I sort of felt powerful for a minute.  They say it could be a very close race between these two, so I was happy to contribute my opinion.  I am happy and thankful to live in a country where I'm asked.  I'm also happy to live in a country with Dairy Queen Blizzards. 


In other news, the City Christmas Tree is going up right now across the street!  It's quite the ordeal, with police blocking off probably the busiest intersection in the city.  The tree will be ceremoniously lit next Friday, at the start of the annual Christmas City of the North Parade.  Morgan will be dancing in the parade again this year, and in case anyone has the need to make a fake light up microphone in the future, a thick wooden dowel painted black, a battery operated string of lights, and some steel wool for a topper make a GREAT one.  Now to just figure out what to do for the rest of her costume.

Exercise your right to vote, and have an awesome Tuesday!  Tomorrow we can enjoy television that is political ad free!  Yipeee!

XOXOX

NH

4 comments:

  1. excellent idea for the microphone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say this, but I thought I read somewhere that it is either illegal (or against the rules) to take a picture inside of the polling room or of your ballot. Not 100% sure on that, but I don't think you are supposed to do it. Who should I report this to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is?? Good thing nobody reads my blog!!

    Um, Er, I mean, I got that from google images...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete