Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December!

It has been kind of a weird year weather-wise so far.  Mama Nature decided to throw us a curve ball last night when she dumped a bit of very icy snow on us.  If you don't live in Duluth, or have never visited, you probably don't understand what it's like to drive up or down the hill that pretty much consumes the entire city when there is snow and/or ice on the roads.  Scary, white knuckling, terrifying moments, one after the other.  So last night when I made it safe and sound home from work, which is UP the hill, I decided that I didn't care to slide all the way back DOWN the hill to knit night.  So I cancelled, and got very sad.  Well actually, I don't think it was an official knit night, but I do have a few knitterly friends that were going to be there, and chances are that they were going to be bringing their knitting too.  So that's close enough to calling it knit night for me.

Any-whoo, it was sad that I couldn't hang with my girlfriends last night, but I did stay at home and get some knitting in.  It is now December, which means Christmas is right around the corner.  The gift giving panic has set in already.  The project that Morgan and I are working on for Grandma Jan is well under way (Pssst.  Grandma Jan.  Please don't stop by unannounced, or the work going on in the living room that never gets all the way put away will surely give away your gift!) as is one more gift I'm working on.  I have at least one more that I'd like to crank out before the 25th, but I'm just not sure it will happen.  I don't think there are too many of you that are knitters that will appreciate this blog that I read, but it cracks me up.  I urge you to read it, especially if you are planning to buy me a gift for Christmas this year.  Hee hee! 

The Yarn Harlot

She explains in words what Decembers are like for knitters who gift their knitting, and also gives some suggestions on what to buy for knitters. 

Enjoy!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment