Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Day 4 - Volcano Anyone?

Morgan got up with me for my early morning walk this morning.


There is a nice walkway that runs along the beach both directions in front of our resort, and round trip it's about 2.5 miles.  The weather in the morning is PERFECT for walking.  I couldn't ask for anything better.  Maybe a little less humidity, but my dry MN skin is really loving the moisture.  The frizz ball on top of my head though? Not so much.


We were up with the early birds!


Our room is on the top floor, the middle of the three corner peak thingies.  Amazing views. 



My morning workout partner!


This is what happens when you knit on the beach with a Misfit on your wrist and forget to put sunscreen on your hands. Ugh. 


We decided to head to Diamond Head today. 


I think we picked the right day for it.  It was very hot, but overcast, so it was manageable.


The way up was a little more than I was planning on.  The view was worth it though!  This is looking right into the crater!


Honolulu and Waikiki from the very top!


This sweet couple just got engaged moments ago! Congrats!


Yes, hot and sweaty, but we all made it! 




Ok, let's head back down.


MUCH EASIER on the way down!  


We stopped in Honolulu at a place called Yard House for lunch at the recommendation of a friend. (Hi Missy!)  it was so yummy!


I had the swordfish tacos with guac and mango salsa and a pineapple cider beer!  Yuuummmm!


Some serious shopping to be done on these streets.  Most stores were a bit out of my price range, so we headed back to find the car.  Maybe next time, Gucci and Louie.


We headed back to the resort for some down time.  When I can see sun rays peeking from the clouds, I always think mom is saying hi.  :)


Chillaxin' on the balcony watchin' the sunset...


I'm getting used to this.


We headed out for pizza for dinner and called it an early night.  My kind of vacation.

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment