Friday, August 28, 2015

I have a new sidewalk!

I guess when I started this blog 4 years ago, I never expected to title one of my posts with this!  HA!

Thanks for following along.  I hope I'm not boring you with too many pictures of my yard.  I'm kind of in love with it though, and maybe it will help someone who is thinking of taking something like this on in the future.

When we decided to move forward with the project, I was scouring Google Images and Pinterest for ideas.  (Again, I say WHAT did we do before the internet?!?)  I came across some pictures of some built in flower planters that I really liked, and they were something like this:


But I like mine much better.  My builder is awesome.  I showed him some pictures of what I liked, but explained exactly what I was looking for.  I might have gotten a bit of a side-eye look from him since it wasn't something he'd ever done before, but I told him I trusted him to make something that looked good.  Turns out he's going to be sending people over to look at them once everything is done, because we are both so happy with how they turned out.  I'll be able to change out the plants in them every year, something I'm really looking forward to!  I think there will be four or five of these on the deck.  There are still a few details we are working out with them.


Moving right along to the next piece of this puzzle - Brick pavers!  Delivery day is always very exciting.


Now, having a hubs that works in this industry, I know he has some strong opinions on picking out materials, and frankly, I would have been 100% overwhelmed if I had walked into his office and looked at a wall of 100 choices.  I left this selection completely up to him.


It's quite the scientific process they have for getting them squared and leveled!  Do not skimp on your landscapers!  Pick one that knows what they are doing.  You will not regret it.  


This wouldn't look NEARLY as awesome if we had tried to do this ourselves.  


Also?  Moving boulders this big by yourself?  No thank you.


Boulders, and pavers, and dirt.  Oh my!


I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the idea of all of these boulders.  They are kind of expensive, and I didn't really think we needed them.  


They kept taking them off the truck and putting them in my driveway.  More and more and more of them.  I kept seeing dollar signs floating around when they'd leave another one.  They lined both sides of my driveway!


But I should know that these guys are the professionals, and I know they will make it look awesome.  They are not going to live along the sides of my driveway forever, but will surround the side of the deck eventually.

For right now, I'm going to walk on my sidewalk a bunch of times because it's so pretty, and try to keep all of this dirt out of the inside of my house.

The weekend is supposed to be gorgeous, so I plan to get my comfy chairs out on my new deck, and enjoy some coffee, and probably some wine.  Tonight we will go watch the varsity football game, and Andy will play in the JV game on Monday night.  I love warm weather for watching some good fall football!  I still feel it's a little too early for this though, which I snapped the other day on my walk.  Yikes!



More updates to come next week!  Stay tuned!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment