Friday, March 21, 2014

A Random Friday List

1.  I'm tired of working downtown.  There are a lot of creepy people (not that I work with, but those I encounter on my 0.5 mile trek through the skywalk getting to/from work every day.) and though at first I thought I'd enjoy the exercise of being forced to make that walk every day, it's doing nothing for my weight issues, and is very annoying when you have to carry anything other than the Purse of Unusual Proportions with you.  I can't run a quick errand on my lunch break because I'd be spending 85% of it walking to and from my car.  Poo.

2.  Cell phone insurance is seriously for the birds.  I have paid $7/month for the past three years to "insure" a certain cell phone in our family.  Last night, said cell phone hit a cement floor.  No chance for that screen.  Probably even if it had been wearing the case that I bought it less than a month ago.  Now, to take advantage of that $252 that I've put into that insurance, I have to pay $125 deductible to get a new phone.  Or take it to the repair shop and pay $60 to have it fixed.  Something is wrong with this picture.

3.  My knitting projects are coming along nicely, I just haven't taken any pictures of them in a long, long time.  Remember that blue and white sweater that I ripped all the way out? It's almost done again.  It's a cardigan now, and I only have the button bands left and then sewing in all the ends.  It's still not perfect, but I like it better than I did when I made it the first time.  I've finished a few scarves, hats, and a sweater for Morgan.  I should really get some pictures of my finished stuff, huh?

4.  I'm addicted to watching Bones and The Walking Dead on Netflix.  This is doing nothing for the growing pile of laundry in my closet or the cleanliness of my house, but it's doing great things for progress on knitting projects.

5.  It is very frustrating how expensive it can be to throw things away.  We've cleared a lot of things from mom's house, and I have things at my house that just need to go to the dump.  I get that it's not good for the environment, etc to fill up our landfills, but sometimes you just can't donate stuff for someone else to re-use.

6.  Today is March 21st.  Yesterday was the first day of spring.  Today it is snowing.  Hard.  Tomorrow's wind chills are supposed to be below zero.  Mom?  Are you doing this to us?  Please stop it.  I really want to see my grass some time this year.

7.  TGIF.  Seriously.

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment