Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Month of Pictures

I hope I don't shock you all by actually writing a blog post today.  I know it's been a month since my last post.  Just when I thought I didn't really have anything to write about, I went through the pictures on my phone, and whaddya know, I found some stuff that pretty much sums up the last month and what we've been up to!

So I now present my last month, as told by my crappy cell phone pictures.

Yes, we've attended a few hockey games.  I can't even tell you who the opponent was here, but I know it was a shutout for my boy. :)

Snuggle time with this one has been high on the list.  She snores.  Not nearly as loud as the hubs, but yes, she snores.

One day I watched The View, and felt the need to take this picture and sent it to my sister.  Because that's what we do.  I told her that BaBa WaWa was looking an awful lot like Harry Carey.  She couldn't disagree.

I got to go to a Bulldogs game and drink wine.  This is very noteworthy.  Trust me.

Andy's team won first place in our home tournament!  Yay!

This sign was on the outside of the Two Harbors rink at one of the several games we attended there.  I don't remember seeing a more literal sign in a long, long time.  Hockey is very cool.  And cold.  And freezing. And arctic.

Our dance studio moved into it's new home!  So very very exciting.

This is a photo of the very first time attendance was taken in the very first class at the new studio.

I got to see a sun dog on one of the days that the wind chill hit -40.  Yes, there were multiple days that the wind chill hit -40 here.  That is just not right for crying out loud.

See what I mean?  Snuggle sesh #490467098.  She sleeps in your arms like a baby.

My silly boy and his silly hockey team advanced to regions.  What do you do when you advance to regions?  You and your entire team bleach your hair, of course.  Why not?

They ended up taking third place at regions, and only the top two qualified for state, so there won't be a state trip for us this year.  Probably a good thing because Lord knows what they would have wanted to do to their  hair if they advanced another level.

I think he looks kinda good. :)

Ahem.  Yeah.

My sissy and her daughter came to town to go see The Band Perry with us!  It was a great concert.

Third row tickets don't suck.  

Lindsay Ell was the opener, and she has some serious guitar skills. She was super friendly and we found her at the merch table after the show, so the girls got to pose for a pic with her!

And then I blinked and my baby turned TWELVE.  Ugggggh.  She asked for waffles for dinner.  I like to accommodate.  Even with a birthday candle!

I finally took the princess in for a haircut.  I miss her shag though.  I don't think we'll go as short next time.

Our high school team made it to state this year again, so as has become tradition, we packed up the fam and headed south to cheer them on.

Emily's silly boyfriend and his mustache made it with honorable mention to the annual "All Hocky Hair Team" video.  We are so proud. :)

I got to do some knitting by the hotel pool.  I have been working on this (*$#%*$#(ing sweater for about 2 years. I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON IT!  Little by little, I'll find the end.  It's got to be here somewhere.

We made a trip to the Mall of America, and someone was in heaven surrounded by all things Little Mermaid.

I finally got to meet this angel!  She's my new niece, Bailey, and she's perfect in every way.

We got to have one quick meal with her at Khan's, a Mongolian BBQ restaurant.  The food was AWESOME, but our visit was too quick.

We will hopefully get to spend more time with them at Easter, just around the corner!

Back for the championship game, in which we lost again.  Next year boys!  We'll be back to cheer you on!

So now as hockey season is over, we transition into dance competition season.  I have been busy blinging out costumes with feathers, crystals, and really smelly glue, but it's one of my very favorite parts of being a dance mom.  Our second competition of the season is this weekend at the Marshall School Auditorium.  You will find me there most of the weekend, probably sitting near the greatest light source in the room, with my knitting, cheering on my baby.  No place I'd rather be!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment