Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A sad sweater story.

I'm not even really sure why I'm going to show you this.  It makes me sad to even think about it.  And it will give fuel to anyone who wants to make fun of me for being a knitting dork.
See this sweater right here?  (Yep, those are candy wrappers and a hairbrush on the floor next to it, thanks for asking.)


It took me a really really really long time to knit it. It was just missing sleeves and a collar. I sorta made up the pattern. It is kinda inspired by the pattern on a different sweater I saw, and the raglan style that I really like to knit. It took a lot of math and a lot of counting. 

I can't even tell you all the places it travelled with me as it was coming to life. Too many to count. Lots of car trips, sporting events, dance practices, doctor appointments, and couch time. 


So why is this story sad? Because with each stitch around the bottom edge that was cast off, the circumference if this baby grew like a weed you can't get rid of. Like it doubled in size. I thought I had planned everything perfectly, and triple calculated my gauge, but it wasn't right.  And let me just tell you, if I'm gonna spend that much time on a project, it has to be right. I could probably fit two of me in this dang thing. Ok, maybe not two of me, but me and Morgan for sure. 

So I did the only thing I could do at this point, I ripped it all out and started over. 

Please cry with me for a brief moment, and then be happy that this mother is gonna be PERFECTION when it's done. (This time)

Toldja it was a sad story. 

:)

XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. OMG. NO! I can't believe it. You've been working on that one forever! I cry with you, my sister. :o(

    ReplyDelete