Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week 2 almost under our belts!


This morning marked mom's 9th chemo infusion and that means only one more day before she's done for another month!


I love how the folks at the cancer center use these little buzzers to call you in for your appointment time.  Just like at Olive Garden.  Minus the wine.  Dangit.


The Essentia cancer center really has a pretty cool atmosphere.  Sometimes volunteers come in and play the piano to help with the wait time.


On a nice day, you can see Lake Superior and the Lift Bridge out these windows.  It's really an awesome view.  Too bad the fog is in our way today.


This is the department we are getting to know all too well.


Nurse Kelly prepares the chemo and the pump for mom's treatment today.


And guess what I get to do while we wait???  Yes, the sad sweater is well on its way to making me happy again.


They even have a tank with Dory and Nemo in it.  :)

Mom is doing very well through all of this so far.  It has been a game of watching all kinds of levels and adjusting medications as needed to balance them out.  She has been responding to her chemo exactly how the doc had hoped, which is good news.  We take as much good news as we can get these days.

Relay for Life is tomorrow night!  I'm so excited!  Remember when I first posted about it and asked you all to help me reach my $100 goal?  YOU DID IT!  Remember when I asked you to help me blow that goal out of the water?  YOU DID THAT TOO!  I am so so so appreciative to all of you that have donated.  Never in a million years did I think that I'd reach over $500, which is where my totals are today!  I have upped my goal to $750, because I know you can do this for me!  Every $5 donation helps tremendously.  If you are considering still sending in a donation, it's not too late!  Just click right here and fill out the quick and easy form with your credit card number.  Thank you so much in advance!

There are some fun things planned for our evening tomorrow night at the big Relay.  I will be walking all night long (well, most of the night.  A girl needs to take some breaks, ya know?) to show each of my supporters how much your donations meant to me.  I will be taking lots of pictures, of course and will show you all of the fun we are going to have.  Anyone local is welcome to come and hang, walk a lap or two, and purchase lots of fun stuff with proceeds going to the American Cancer Society as well.  Let me know if you want the deets on where we will be!  You don't even have to spend a penny if you don't want to.  Just come and hang with me, because I'm super fun y'all!  WOOT WOOT!

I'm so proud of my mom for facing this head on.  It has been a roller coaster as we all figure out how to live with this disease in our family.  Thanks for supporting us!!

XOXOX

NH

P.S.  Please share my blog post with anyone who may be interested in my story or donating to this cause.  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment