Monday, June 3, 2013

Noteworthy Stuff I Saw on My Walk Yesterday


Sweet Jesus it was nice outside yesterday.  I spent as much of the day outside as I could.

Saturday's walk was windy and cold and overcast and at times a little drizzly.

But not Sunday.  No, Sunday was so nice that I had to take pictures along the way to share with you.  It made me realize, however, that I cannot have music playing, my GPS app running, and take pictures all at the same time on my phone.  This made me sad because every time I tried to take a picture, the GPS app thought I stopped exercising or moving or whatever, and put my workout on pause.  I'd have to go back in and tell it to resume.  Hello?  Don't you know that I can actually walk and take pictures at the same time?  Oh wait.  I can do that if I upgrade my app to MVP for the low, low, cost of $2.99 per month!  Um, thanks but no thanks.  I'd rather spend that money on M&Ms or a bottle of Boone's Farm.  Thankyouverymuch.

Anyway, here are a few noteworthy things I saw on my walk:

Lord have mercy.  Blue sky and sunshine!


Not quite shorts, but I actually wore my "capri" length workout pants and a T-shirt.  With short sleeves.  And I even got a little sweaty.  This picture reminds me just how pasty white my northern Minnesota legs are though.


Daffodils!  In someone's yard!  This goes to show you that stuff under the 17 feet of snow all winter just goes to sleep and really does wake up again in the spring and grows all by itself!


Yes, some of our trees are still in the budding stage, but you can see green on most of them.  How can this not make you happy?


Since it's officially not winter anymore, we've hit our other season - road construction.


People working in their yards!  I was going to report on how many different people I saw mowing their lawn but I think I lost count at 15.  Yesterday was also the first day this year we cut our grass.  Seriously!  June 2nd!


Hooray for the USA!  By the way, Adam Levine doesn't really hate this country.  He just wasn't pleased with how the voting turned out last week.  Give the man a break.  I still love ya, Adam!


Dandelions - man I hate when these suckers creep into my yard, but I was even happy to see them yesterday because it's a sure sign of Summer!  (and they were in someone else's yard.)


Gas prices are finally back under $4!  I actually found myself telling my kids the other day that I could remember when it was under $1 and then I groaned and told them I was totally sorry for sounding really old and asked them to give me knucks and turned up Rianna really loud on the radio.


This vacant house was set on fire in the middle of the night a few months ago.  They are calling it arson.  It makes me sad to see it every day that I drive by.  It needs to be torn down.  The surrounding trees looked super cool for a few days after being sprayed by the fire hoses in below zero temps.


There were tons of trucks pulling boats/campers/trailers of yard crap.


Driveway chalk drawings!  (and more dandelions that were not in my yard.)


All those campers are back now resting in driveways from the mystery winter camper storage places.  I don't like camping.  I would probably like it a little better if I had a nice camper that I could sleep in and would keep the rain off of my sleeping bag and MY FACE during the night.  NOTHING worse than hearing that drip, drip, drip of the water soaking in through the paper thin nylon tent and landing somewhere inside your tent.  It doesn't even matter where it's landing, it's going to be bad.  And the air matress is going to leak, and your kids will drop the cooler full of food and your hamburger patties will fall all over and get dirty.  I don't care who you are, you can't wipe that dirt off of your hamburger patties.  And you will have to pee in the middle of the night and wish you were a boy because it's SO MUCH EASIER FOR THEM!  I do enjoy the good times around the campfire and drinking some bevvies, but I'd prefer to do that in my backyard where I can go inside and pee in my own bathroom.

Wow - where was I?

Oh yeah.

So I walked by two garage sales yesterday and couldn't stop because I didn't have a dime with me.  I also felt that it wasn't necessarily appropriate to stand at the end of someone's driveway and take a picture of their garage sale.  Therefore, no garage sale pictures for the blog.  Sorry.

I walked past a birthday party for a child looking to be about 6 or 7 years old.  I could tell that mom was also thanking the Sweet Baby Jesus for the lovely weather and that she didn't have to entertain those 10 children in her living room.  Also probably inappropriate for me to take a picture of 10 children I don't know.

Anyway - Sunday was a perfect day to bust out that 3.46 mile route around the 'hood.  I can't tell you how long it took me though, because I'm too cheap to upgrade to MVP status on my app.  It took me a little longer than it did on Saturday, but the scenery was so perfect, I wanted to enjoy it a little longer!!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment