Thursday, June 6, 2013

How I Feel About Today - the Last Day of School

Today is the last day of 5th and 7th grade for my kids.  Here is how I'm feeling about that (because I know you were wondering.)

1.  Thankful that I don't have to ask the question, "Do you have any homework?" for the next three months, and question if the answer I'm getting is truthful.
2.  Slightly panicked about what the grocery bill is going to look like. 
3.  Jealous that they will get to sleep in every day, and I won't.
4.  Anxious to get that first phone call/text while I'm at work where one of them tells me they are bored.  I can't wait to share the list of "fun" things around the house I've drawn up for them to do!
5.  In shock that they have grown up this much, this quickly.
6.  Extremely tired.  This year has been exhausting. 
7.  Glad to have three months off of signing a daily planner that wouldn't get signed by the teachers anyway (by NO fault of the teachers, mind you!)
8.  Not looking forward to yelling at them to clean up dishes, wrappers, dirty socks, etc off of the living room floor every. single. day.
9.  Totally confused on how the school year went by so fast, but can I send them back yet?
10.  Happy that they have one more year under their belts.

Happy last day kiddos!  Hope you had fun with finals and watching movies and signing yearbooks!!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment