Monday, June 24, 2013

New cuteness, mom update, and a fundraiser!


A lot has been going on in the past week or so!  I'm so excited that my new niece has finally made her way into the world (EIGHT days late, to be exact) and she is all things cute wrapped up into one little package.

Brynn Redina Hooper arrived on Saturday, June 15th at 12:33 PM.  8lbs, 4oz, 21" long.


And she already looks like this.  All perfect and wearing pink.  I can't wait to meet her!  Congrats on the new munchkin, Mom and Dad!!!


Mom is doing well.  Her chemo rooms have an awesome view of the big lake, which will never get old to me. 

She endured her first 5 days of "cocktail" as she likes to call it, and her main side effect so far is fatigue.

Her treatment right now consists of 5 days in a row of chemo infusion, and then 3 weeks off.  On her off weeks, she still has to have blood taken twice a week and sent to the lab to check her white counts, hemoglobin levels and blasts.  Her numbers on Thursday were all heading in the right direction, so we are thankful for that.  Since they are not treating her leukemia to cure it, or put in into remission, we will just be watching these levels and doing what we can to keep them in the ranges that they need to be.


Erin and I are taking turns bringing her, and even though there were a few soggy days in there, I still liked spending the time with her, and getting some good knitting time in.


I will never get sick of watching those huge ships enter or leave the harbor!

Also, this week I blinked and this kid...


turned into a teenager.  I don't understand how that happened.  I'm convinced I've lost all sense of time because it was seriously last week he was that other kid up there.  Uggggh.


Grandma and Grandpa Hooper came up to Duluth with Carson this weekend for a family grad party while Carson's parents put in some time on their new house.  According to Carson, Andy is his best friend and he is going to come over to his house and play sometime very soon.


Carson didn't want to leave his best buddy!

Then yesterday afternoon, sissy Erin held a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society to earn money for the upcoming Relay for Life walk.  This was our Bocce team.  We didn't win, but we sure had fun, and we helped Erin raise over $1000 towards her fundraising goals!  Isn't she awesome?


We named our team after Grandma Jan, and by far had the coolest team name.  Like, evar.

Oh, and just in case you were still thinking of donating towards my fundraising efforts, I'll make it nice and easy for you.  Just clicky RIGHT HERE and send me 5 buckaroos!  :)

that's about all the updates for today.  Thank you again SO MUCH to those that have donated!  I'm so so grateful for you all!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment