Friday, April 26, 2013

Sadness

For those of you following along, Dad passed away one week ago today, very early in the morning.

I have been trying to figure out how to write about what the last week has been like for me, but right now I can't.  I want to get it written down (more for myself than necessarily sharing this story) but I don't know how.

I thought maybe if I just started typing, it would flow, but it's not.

I think I'm kind of struggling with what is appropriate to share, and what I'm comfortable sharing.  I don't know how I'm supposed to act, how I'm supposed to feel, or what I'm supposed to write.

So for right now, I won't write about it.

I do want to say thank you to every single person who has hugged me, called me, texted, Facebooked, Tweeted, or written to me, and also to those that have just thought of me and my family.  I'm overwhelmed with the amount of love and support I've felt over the past week (well, months really) from all of you.  In case you didn't know, I'm a total hugger.  If you see me, please hug me.  Don't feel weird about it, just bring it on.

Maybe I'll try writing more about it tomorrow.




I think I was probably about 6-8 months old in this picture.  See that curl on his forhead?  That's where it came from, folks.

I miss you Dad, and I think about you every single day.  I hope you are dancing to Frank Sinatra, have an endless supply of strawberry shakes, and never cross paths with a physical therapist again.

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment