Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Good Day.

This morning when I woke up, I decided it was going to be a good day.  I put the bobby pin with the flower on it in my hair.  I really wanted to wear my owl earrings but I couldn't find them.  No, I wasn't going to give up on those owl earrings.  I finished getting dressed and all the other "upstairs" stuff I had to do.  I figured I'd give the side table one more quick look before heading downstairs.  Low and behold, they were sort of under and behind the alarm clock. 

I tackled the average day at work and was looking forward to the evening where I would get to rhinestone some more dance costumes, and go visit Dad.

He really had a great day today!  They have basically eliminated the sedation medication.  When attempting to wean him from the ventilator, he did awesome and was breathing on his own for four whole hours.  PT had him sitting upright in his chair for 2 hours.  The blood pressure dipped a few times, but usually only when he was being moved too much or doing anything strenuous.  He absolutely hates that tube (who can blame him) and went after it a time or two to try and get it out, so he has to be watched.  But with any luck, it will be out tomorrow!

He has a very hard time communicating, but while I was there tonight, he was able to make it clear to me that he wanted his laptop.  I got him all hooked up and back on his Slotomania.  He had the Twins on TV (with a win!), Slotomania on the laptop, and the only thing missing was his McDonald's Strawberry shake.

He's certainly not out of the woods, and still has quite a long road ahead of him.  I am expecting days ahead that will be tough again.  But for me, today, right now?  I'm going to hang on to this good day, and sleep well tonight.

Maybe I'll wear my owl earrings again tomorrow...

XOXOX

NH

1 comment: