Monday, October 7, 2013

Cancer sucks.

I am not happy today.  I'm mad.  I'm angry at cancer.  It sucks.  It's pissing me off.

Sorry mom.  I know you are reading this.

Mom has been in the hospital since last Tuesday with a fever and pneumonia.  Her white blood cell count is hovering around 1, and that's just not enough to fight off whatever she has.

The docs are giving her antibiotics, blood transfusions, platelet transfusions, cough medicine, Tylenol, and whatever else she needs, but she still can't go home.  She really wants to go home.  I really want her to go home.

Kelly came up for the weekend and we spent a ton of time together and had some good laughs.  We brought the Scrabble board into the hospital and played a mad game with her yesterday.  But she cheats and we let her.  (You tell me.  Is zeel a valid scrabble word?)  :)

Today is back to work, sitting at my desk wishing I could be there with her to keep her company.

I love you mom.  I know this is hard and sucks.  I wish I could snap my fingers and make it better.  I would have done it from day one if I could have.

I love you!



XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment