Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Something I knitted!

I bet you all thought I quit knitting, didn't you?  Hahahahaha!  Hardly.  It's just been a long time since I've blogged any knitting progress.

One of the dads in our hockey community was recently diagnosed with esophageal and liver cancer.  I tell you, that nasty C word is everywhere people.  I hate it so bad.  So again, here I am wishing I could do something to help this family get through such a hard time.

When they announced that they were going to hold a benefit with a silent auction to raise some funds to help this family tackle their medical bills, I knew this was my chance!

Out came the needles, and this is what they produced.









I'm not sure how much money I was able to help them raise, but I'm hoping it will help ease the burden just a bit.  Mom also made an afghan that we donated too!  Isn't she awesome?

I encourage you to go find something to do with your time that will benefit someone else.  It's a kinda cool feeling.

XOXOX

NH



No comments:

Post a Comment