Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Life is Good.

I have a hard time writing about my emotions on my blog.  It's easy peasy to write about something good that has happened, or something I did that I'm proud of and I'd like to share it with you.  But when things aren't perfect, I guess I go a little more quiet than normal.

Because who wants to come and read a blog about me being sad or stressed, right?  I want to keep this a light, fun place.  I love making people smile.  I love hearing from someone that I've made them smile.

I read something the other day on one of the too many social media sites that I'm 100% addicted to that said something like - Try to go 24 hours without complaining, and just see what happens. So I did. And it was honestly eye-opening. Of course I failed. But I will say that I significantly cut down on my complaining for that day, and I'm trying hard to carry it through to every day. Lord knows I do my share of complaining (who doesn't need a good vent every now and then, right?), but I really, really don't want to complain here.

I'm not even really sure where I'm going with this, just that sometimes we are dealt with challenges that make it easy to overlook the good stuff you have in your life, and to be thankful for it. I'm so lucky to have friends and family that remind me of this when I most need it.

So yes, my list of stress causing issues is ever growing and rotating, but so is my list of blessings.

Mom is feeling good today.  They have decided to space her chemo treatments from every 4 weeks to every 6 weeks to allow her body more time to produce healthy cells in between treatments.  This is a VERY welcome change in her treatment plan.  The doc said last week that she is responding to treatment the best possible way she could be.  Hopefully with this change, she will need fewer blood transfusions between treatments.

We are 2.5 weeks into the school year, and I think we are starting to get used to schedules again.  There are still things to be added, but we'll squeeze them in.  (Hockey hasn't even started yet!  Ha!)

Last night I prepped and froze 17 quarts of apples from the In-Law's backyard.  Full freezers make me happy.  I have 55 pounds of tomatoes that will be delivered to me next Wednesday that will be turning into canned spaghetti sauce and salsa.  We will be well prepped for the apocalypse.

So although I have a ton on my plate right now, there is more good than bad.  Someone reminded me this morning when I was up to my eyeballs in crud, and in the middle of a major complaining session, that God only deals you what you can handle.  Yes.  I totally needed that reminder.

Life is good.

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment