Thursday, May 2, 2013

Detours of Life

About a month ago, a friend whom I've not seen since high school found me on Facebook and sent me a little message to say hello.  (LOVE Facebook for this exact reason!)

Renee has been through SO much in the past few years, losing her mom and aunt to breast cancer back in 2009, and then receiving her own diagnosis this past December.  She is sharing her journey in her blog found here:


Her story is so incredibly inspirational and positive, that I knew I just had to share it here.  Please give it a read if you have some time, and keep her in your thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as she undergoes her double mastectomy, and leaves this terrible "detour" behind her.

Renee recently had a photo shoot done by a friend of hers that she has shared via her friend's blog.  I adore these pictures.  They absolutely capture her strength and beauty!  Check them out here:


Renee, thank you so much for finding me on Facebook, and sharing your story.  Happy journeys ahead to you!

XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. So sweet of you to devote a blog entry to me. ;) I appreciate your thoughtful words Nancy and I am so glad that we were able to reconnect after all these years! :) Hugs...Renee

    ReplyDelete