Thursday, June 7, 2012

Last day of school

Kids dream of this day for 9 months.  I dread it for 9 months.

Why do I dread it?  Let me tell you.

1.  I get phone calls and texts all day long.
2.  The house is trashed when I get home.
3.  They become bottomless pits, and we "never have anything good to eat" in the house.
4.  Chores are saved for when I'm there to pester them to get them done.
5.  Even though they know I can't come home from work at 10 AM and drive them to a friend's house, they will still ask.
6.  They can recite every episode ever made of iCarly, Drake and Josh, Ali and Austin, etc, etc, etc by June 18th.  But their chores aren't done.
7.  I go to bed before them every night.  This means no alone time.
8.  They are home all day, and yet we can still be late for baseball because someone isn't dressed.
9.  I'm jealous because I don't get to sleep in, or be there with them on the nice days to run through the sprinkler, watch TV, or eat freezies and watermelon. :(

Enjoy your summer, kids.  I'll be at work.  Wishing I was at home!





I snapped this picture on Tuesday outside of the school when I was waiting for Morgan to be dismissed so I could drive them home.  It makes me happy.

Enjoy the day!

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment