Monday, June 11, 2012

Do you want to know why I was in bed by 8:30 last night?

Here's what we did this weekend.  It was a little bit busy.

It started out on Friday with meeting the crew at Old Chicago for a quick dinner after work during a break from the dress rehearsal of the year end dance recital.  Spinach Artichoke Dip? Check.  Beer?  Check.  My BFFs?  Check.  Pictures?  Ooops.

So then we headed over to the DECC for the rest of the dress rehearsal.

Have I mentioned how much I love watching her dance?  There is no doubt in my mind that she's supposed to be right up on that stage performing her heart out.

The shriners let us borrow their almost life sized elephant as a stage decoration.  Soo cool!

Oh dear.  I can't describe the cuteness with the little ones.  This class danced to Never Smile at a Crocodile.  It sure brought back memories of Morgan's first recital.  She was dressed up as Minnie Mouse.  It feels like yesterday, but this was her 6th recital (I think).  Where does the time go?

She despised this costume.  Not so much the dress, but the fruit/flower situation she had going on on her head.  I think it looked cute, but I guess I can't blame her.  I probably wouldn't have wanted to wear it either.  She was a good sport about it though, and played the part.

This was my favorite dance of hers this year.  Morgan, I'm proud of you.  I love watching you dance.

Saturday morning we got up and tidied up the house a bit for houseguests, and then went to Andy's baseball game.  I didn't take any pictures at the game this time, because I was too busy getting a stupid sunburn on my arms, and eating sunflower seeds.  I do love me some sunflower seeds at a baseball game.

After the game, we headed over to my brother's for the pre-recital party where the girls all get ready together.  Then it was off to an awesome recital.  Pictures to come later because I wanted to watch the dancing with my own two eyes, instead of through my camera for once.  I left the picture taking to others.

Sunday morning we woke to happy houseguests!

Center of attention + Grandpa playing on the floor + throwing balls around = lots of morning giggles!

Bluuuue eyes and bloooonde curls!

Playing with Grandpa!!

Andy and Carson are having a very deep conversation.

Then it was time to get to work.  We had to move the hot tub and disassemble the crooked heaving deck to prepare for digging which will be happening tomorrow.

I have a leaky basement, you see.  And I don't like it one bit.  So tomorrow, some magical people are going to come to my house, make a big mess in the dirt, and make my basement stop leaking.  YAAAAY!

In case you are wondering how difficult it is to move an empty hot tub, it's really difficult.  THANK GOD for family willing to help a sistah out.

Andy and Nate apparently haven't been watching as much HGTV as I have, because goodness knows you aren't supposed to demo in sandals.  I'm happy to report that nobody lost any toes though.  Morgan was very disappointed that we didn't get to truly demo anything though.  She really wanted to swing a hammer and smash something.  She couldn't believe they were just going to pull out every screw with the drill.  Andy got to help with the crow bar once the builder of the deck changed from screws to nails, but Morgan wanted nothing to do with that.

Eventually the deck looked like this.

and the space looked like this.

Then, since we hadn't had enough fun for one weekend, we headed back to the baseball field for one more game.  Andy played third base and catcher for a while.

And then he got to pitch.

What form!

Then we came home from the game and I took some pictures of the flowers Morgan got from her recital and ate a cheese sandwich.

Soo pretty!

And then I collapsed.  At 8:30.  In my bed.  Thank you and goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment