Thursday, January 25, 2018

Crabby

Do you ever have one of those days where you are so crabby, that you just don't even want to be around yourself?  Yesterday was one of those days for me.  

It's like, sometimes the stars align, and sometimes they just plain don't.  

And I don't know about you, but sometimes when that happens, I give up and throw in the towel and just admit defeat and call it a crappy day.

I will admit that sometimes I turn into a big baby and cry it out.   Sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't.  I try very hard not to take it out on other people, because it's (usually) not their fault, and I don't want to bring them down with me.  What I really wanted to do when I got home from work was go pout in my room like the teenager I felt like and take a nap.  Not in the cards.  Ugh.

Instead, I made myself a turkey sandwich for dinner and waited for the kids to get home from running some errands.  I had to braid Morgan's hair and send them back off to school to perform their one act play.  They are competing this weekend, and could advance to regions, and then state.

So I braided the hair, and sent them on their way (benefits of having one of them able to drive) and told them I'd see them at school for the performance.  Off they went.

An hour later, I got to the school, still with the crappy attitude floating around in my system.  But I took my seat in my favorite row in that auditorium that I've been able to see them perform in a few other times, and waited for the show to start.

They came onstage and started to do their thing.  

I slowly began to forget about the crappy and got to enjoy the comedy this group of actors was bringing to me.

They made me laugh.  All of them.

This is just a one act play that they will compete, so it's only about 35 minutes long.  They did a little Q&A session after.  

Very "Inside the Actor's Studio".  Hehe. 

Ugh.  These two.  Makin' mama proud since '00 and '02!

Romeo To Go!  Competing this Saturday at Hermantown High School Auditorium at 11:00AM.  You will laugh.  It's free!  And probably the last play the Fabulous Hooper Children will be in together.  Waaah!


And then I came home and kicked off my shoes and remembered the hand knit socks I was wearing, and I got even happier.  How could you not with these colors??  I love them so much!

So a reminder to you all - when you are in the crappy mood, go find something to take your mind off of it.  Or I'll knit you a pair of fun colored socks to help you feel better.  Or both.


XOXOX

NH

1 comment:

  1. With those kids and those socks, any crabbiness would be short lived. :) <3

    ReplyDelete