Monday, March 30, 2015

Why Not Try Another Sport?

Are you one of those people that can't say no to their kids, like I am?  Andy decided to try track this year, and I guess that's fine and all, except for the part that I have to go pick him up at school after practice Every Single Day.  This is our first experience with track, so I really wasn't sure what to expect at his first meet of the year on Saturday when we showed up to UWS to watch.

The information that I had beforehand was that he was going to be running a relay race where they handoff the baton, but I didn't know for sure what distance, and I knew his event would happen sometime between 9:15 AM and 1:00 PM.

So I packed my breakfast shake and my knitting and we headed over the bridge to see what we were in for.

We found quite a bit of chaos, and one last window spot with a view of the track and settled in.  The other events were pretty interesting to watch, especially the pole vault (maybe because it was directly below our window, so we had the best view?) and surprisingly I didn't even touch my knitting!  There was so much to look at, and you really had to pay attention if you wanted to remotely understand what was going on, but it was pretty fun!

Then, 11:20 came and went.

Here he comes!



Don't blink!


Here he is!


There he goes!




And he's gone!



Haha!  He took the baton from the guy ahead of him, ran one lap, and gave the baton to the next guy.  He didn't fall, didn't drop the baton, and went the right way.  All positives, right?

They won their heat and took 7th (or was it 8th?) (I'm terrible) overall.

A little different than the sports I'm used to watching and cheering on, but who am I to say no??

XOXOX

NH



No comments:

Post a Comment