Monday, February 16, 2015

Sweetheart!


 Ugggggh.  When I posted a few of these pictures to Facebook on Saturday night, one of my friends asked me, "How did you get here???"


To be honest, I wish I knew.  It totally feels like I should go pick him up at daycare after work every day.  How did we get here?


I realize there is nothing I can do about him growing up.  Not a thing.



It's so funny how everyone tells you when you have babies to enjoy it while it lasts, because you will blink and they will be teenagers.  Well, I'm here to tell you that IT REALLY HAPPENS THAT WAY, PEOPLE!  Of course I don't want him to grow up, and I want him to stay right under my wing, but every stage that he hits, and every first that he experiences are SO cool!  I love watching him experience them!


Unfortunately the weekend hockey games didn't go very well, and that means the end of the season, but it also means that he was able to participate in the whole evening with this gorgeous girl.


Formal dances.  High school.  GIRLS!  Independence.  Coming home and hugging mom.


So it turns out everyone else in the group except one girl plays basketball.  Not these two.  They bolted from the basketball themed picture.








SWAGGA!

Hooray for cute teenagers getting all dressed up and having a fun night together!

I didn't forget to pick up the corsage!  Woot!  (again, WINNING!)  He didn't give it to her until pictures were over, because it was a little awkward since he was the only boy in the group to get his date a corsage.  He also said all the other girls were jealous though, so SCORE!  Haha!



I guess I have to stop pretending that he's just a hair taller than me, huh?

XOXOX

NH

No comments:

Post a Comment