Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Few Random Hump Day Thoughts

I haven't done a list of random thoughts going through my brain lately, so you're welcome for bringing this back.  Ha!

1.  Thank you for all of the likes, comments, well wishes, etc. that were sent to me from yesterday's post.  I'm excited to have some of my knit stuff out there.  When someone buys something, it's like the biggest compliment you could ever get.  :)   We will see where this goes...

2.  Thank you also for all of the feedback from my exercise post!  It's getting very cold out so I need to ramp up the inside exercise very quickly.  I'm still having a hard time getting motivated to get something started, but I'll get there.

3.  I sometimes think about what life would have been like if we had decided to have a third child.  Yep, sometimes I regret the decision to stop after two.  And then the second child gets assigned the Edible Cell Diagram project in Science.  I remember how much I hated it when the first child had to do it, and then I am grateful that I won't ever have to try and figure out again what piece of candy, pasta, or vegetable can best represent mitochondria, how to get it to stay in place in a bowl of jello, how to label it, and how to make it stay there until 5th period.

4.  This weekend, I'll be working my last EVER shifts in the concession stand at the hockey rink.  Those of you who have ever had to put in time at a concession stand to support your child knows exactly how noteworthy this really is.  Actually, maybe I should move it up to #1 on the list.  Of course there is a little bit of "I can't believe this is our last year of youth hockey." and "Where does the time go?" but working the concession stand is one part of the whole experience of the last 9-10 years that I will not miss one bit.  Red or blue slushie anyone?

5.  I do not have to deal with the drop off/pick up line at school, but I do have to deal with the drop off line at the bus stop.  Since we live outside of the district that we chose to have the children attend school in, the bus won't come to our house, and I have to drive them 0.5 miles to a church where they get on the bus.  I think this year there are anywhere from 7 to 10 cars that sit at the church and wait for the bus to arrive so their young'ins can get on it.  All I'm going to say about it is that some of these people have NO common sense when it comes to parking in a row where the cars are all lined up in parking spaces that are front to back along the side of the road.  Seriously people.  If you are first to arrive, please pull to the front spot so the later people do not have to parallel park.  And when it's time to leave, please pull forward and go to the parking lot loop instead of feeling you will save time by doing an illegal U-turn.  I just don't understand the thought process of some people. I have been tempted on many occasions to take a picture of the crazy parking jobs I see on some of the days I arrive.

So there you have it. 5 random thoughts from my brain that you were dying to know.  

Happy hump day!!




XOXOX

NH

2 comments:

  1. I just caught up- HUZZAH for the new shop!! :) That's AMAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete